How We Build Quality into Each Enclosure We Make
Of course one of A&J Manufacturing’s primary goals of manufacturing is building a quality product. But, quality also means planning to avoid possible problems and defects. It’s a continual process that is more than just the final inspection before your enclosure or rack is shipped.
We want to obtain full customer satisfaction through the consistent delivery of high quality electronic enclosures and racks. Internally, we leverage various methods, such as Lead Manufacturing and Six Sigma, but each method has a few things in common:
- Continuous improvement
- Teamwork as part of our culture
- Routinely measure and analyze
By our definition, quality is not a quick fix, but rather a long-term outlook.
We use the best materials and construction techniques available
Our electronic equipment enclosures are built to last, and we stand behind every one of them. Our commitment to quality is evident in every aspect of our operation, from the modern inspection systems we use to the multiple visual inspections that every component undergoes during production.
At A & J Manufacturing, we only use the highest quality components in the production of our items, such as:
- ASTM B209. This is the Standard Specification for Aluminum and Aluminum-Alloy Sheet and Plate.
- ASTM B221. This is the industry standard specification for aluminum and aluminum alloy extruded bars, rods, wire, profiles, and tubes.
The degree of protection required for industrial equipment and complex electronics is very demanding. Machined aluminum has the highest quality of durability, toughness and rigidity when compared to other types of enclosures. And they are perfect for precision applications wherein dimensional tolerances are critical.
Maintaining quality while work is in progress
Our quality management system extends beyond our product and materials to include our facilities, training and certifications, process monitoring and inspection points.
- Facilities. Quality can’t be maintained on our production floor without clean and organized areas that are prepared for work. And all manufacturing equipment and CNC machines must be in good order to deliver the level of precision required for proper assembly.
- Training & Certification. We have earned accreditation for two of the world’s most widely recognized quality management standards, including:
- AS9100D. According to NQA, this establishes quality management system requirements to improve quality, cost, and delivery performance for businesses worldwide. Our AS9100 First Article Inspection is a rigorous process that ensures every component meets our high standards.
- ISO 9001:2015. Advisera states that this benchmark sets the standards for a company that wants to offer goods and services that meet consumer demands and laws while making clients happy.
- Process Monitoring. We have documented process controls in place with procedures for assembly that allow us to maintain consistency and quality in our manufacturing.
- Inspection Points. We utilize multiple inspection points to examine previously assembled or machined parts throughout the manufacturing process. Inspections are performed both manually and with our Hexagon Arm CMM machine to detect any incorrectly placed components and to confirm accuracy.
Our commitment to “Made in the USA” and “Buy American”
The first “Buy American” Act was passed by Congress and signed into law by President Hoover in 1933. Products must meet two requirements: 1) the end-product must be manufactured in the US and 2) more than 95% of the cost of all component parts must also be manufactured in the US (revised under the Trump administration).
A&J is committed to being a “Made in the USA” manufacturer:
- Manufacturing all kits, accessories and enclosures at our CNC machine shop in Foothill Ranch, CA
- Purchasing our aluminum raw materials from US manufacturers
- Purchasing ancillary components from US manufacturers
By partnering with US suppliers, we can easily visit with them in-person to ensure their products meet our customer needs. And when we manufacture things ourselves, we can adapt quickly to design changes and customer inputs. Beyond this commitment, we can help lessen the burden on government purchasing agents by ensuring easily demonstrable compliance with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and giving them the option to buy from a US, women-owned, small business.
Customer satisfaction is our top priority
At A & J Manufacturing, we are committed to providing the highest level of customer satisfaction possible by focusing on timely delivery and exceptional quality, and we work hard to comply with all customer requirements from start to finish.
We also protect confidential customer information and prioritize the health and safety of our employees, customers, suppliers, and community. We have established ourselves as a leader in the quality equipment racks industry by consistently meeting or exceeding our customers’ expectations.
If you’re looking for a reliable, high-quality product, look no further than A & J Manufacturing. We build quality into all equipment racks we make, and we’re always looking for ways to improve our products and services. Send us a message or request a quote today to learn more about what we can do for you.