Functional Design Features
- Lightweight - Aluminum / Modular / Bolted-Together
- No Weld Joints
- Light Weight to Strength Ratio 1:1 at the Corners
- EIA / STD Mounting Pattern Available Front, Rear & Internal
- Easily Disassembled / Re-assembled
- T-Slot Design Allows for Infinite Vertical Equipment Positioning
- No Tooling Required
- Can be Converted to EMI / RFI Enclosure in Field
- Any Size-Height, Width, Depth can be Specified
- Rack / Enclosure for any Payload
- On-Site of Engineering for Custom Applications
- Full Compliment of Equipment Mounting Kits
- Cooling Systems, Filters, PDU, Slides, and Other Accessories
- Isolation Systems Designed to Customer Specifications
Technical Discussion & Design Approach
A & J enclosures incorporate a unique “bolted together” design construction that allows for disassembly of the rack or cabinet for passage through narrow openings, passageways and around tight corners. The A & J design approach is to achieve a structural integrity ratio of 1:1 at the cabinet joints and to achieve electrical conductivity by the “bolted together” technique, using 6061-T6 aluminum extrusions as primary structural members, with a tensile yield of 65 psi., also by using conductive adhesive at the joints.
The enclosure design is totally modular with complete dimensional flexibility and versatility allowing the interfacing of electronic chassis and to the A & J Equipment Kits or directly to the racks/cabinets. A standard A & J feature is a front EIA panel mounting pattern with four backup T-slots at each of the four corners of the rack. The A & J enclosures can be designed to meet all the applicable customer specifications and requirements. The electromagnetic radiation shielding will be achieved by using 1/8 inch thick aluminum panels for the top, side, rear and door; also by conductive EMI/RFI pressure-seal gasket at all panel joining surfaces.
A & J environmental enclosures are designed to meet the requirements of the Department of Defense and have maximum reliability and minimum weight consistent with the state of the art. They are easy to install, maintain, disassemble and reassemble when required. A & J cabinets are designed to meet the U.S. Navy shipboard shock and vibration requirements of MIL-S-901 and Mil-STD-167-1, hard mounted and freestanding. They also meet the structural and environmental requirements of the applicable specifications of MIL-E-16400 and MIL-STD-810.